10 Best Web Links This Week
• Year of the Rabbit! Catch the Chinese New Year Firecracker Ceremony & Cultural Festival this Thursday, 2/3 from 11am – 3:30pm in Roosevelt Park, NYC. Then there’s the 12th Annual Chinatown Lunar New Year Parade & Festival on Sunday, 2/6 from 11:30am – 4pm in Chinatown, NYC. Source: about.com.
• Today’s the day to register for the Five Boro Bike Ride Tour. I got shut out of this ride last year because it booked up so quickly. Not letting this happen in 2011. Let the bicycling season begin!
• Yes, I WILL get to the Whitney Museum before April 10th to see the Edward Hopper exhibit.
• I just analyzed my blog site on woorank, a free website tool that grades your site for internet marketing effectiveness.
• Beautiful hand drawn typography and other work by Matthew Braun.
• If you haven’t visited Things Organized Neatly in a while, it’s time to go back for a looksie.
• I spent a couple of years in a leaded glass design workshop when I lived in San Francisco and also wanted to design with glass mosaics but never got around to it. Here Gale Gassiot offers detailed instruction for glass mosaic design for free!
• Has anyone tried Dragon Dictate for the Mac? If you’re a verbal speed demon…this might be just the thing for you!
• Entrepreneur Elizabeth Beskin blogs about her experience taking the three year OPM program at Harvard Business School. Bucket list!