I meant to post this on Friday. But one thing led to another and then the weekend just flew by. And while I could have easily blown off doing my weekly expressions of gratitude, I have to say, I’d miss it.
Since I started practicing this ritual of sitting down every week to remember what I’m thankful for, I’ve been thinking more positively, feeling more upbeat, and am able to do a better job of resisting the knee-jerk reaction I sometimes have when around the un-positive. It’s quickly becoming my de facto mindset. And I couldn’t be happier about it. Of course, I still have my moments. I just seem to have less of them.
So these are some of the things I’m grateful for this past week.
• Another fabulous typography salon at the TDC, this time featuring Pum Lefebure of Design Army.
• Winning a copy of Letterhead & Logo Design 11 during the TDC raffle drawing. Am I a lucky girl or what?
• The spring tease we had on Thursday and Friday.
• Hudson Pilates and especially Annette who always manages to fix my sometimes cranky body parts.
• Manny at Devonshire Optical who repaired my broken glasses frames. So nice.
• My windows not blowing in from the crazy powerful winds on Saturday.
• Skype! So I can chat with Kathleen in Hong Kong for free.
• The fun of travel planning.
• Veniero’s pastry.
• The discount at Utrecht for continuing ed students like me.
• Spur of the moment get togethers with Joan.
• The surprise package that came in the mail from my brilliant and beautiful niece Elise.
• Being surrounded by artwork created by my mother.
• Valery Gergiev conducting the London Symphony at Avery Fisher Hall to perform an all Mahler program later this month. Can’t wait for the 2/27 performance!
• Starting the day with a 30 minute power cycle.
• Ripe mangoes.
• Freshly fallen snow.